Thursday, December 20, 2012

20 things I'm doing on my last day on earth.

How would you want to spend your last day on Earth?

In movies, people are looting with no fear of jail time, spending all their savings or canoodling with a loved one bravely looking into the heart of the coming disaster.

I'm going to take this opportunity, December 20th 2012, to decide the 20 things I'm going to do on my last day on Earth.... just in case.
  1. buy a tank of gas for a stranger at a gas station... don't know why, I just have always wanted to...
  2. say thank you to friends, family and neighbors that have made my life so fun to live
  3. laugh until my stomach hurts with my children
  4. be outside as much as possible, appreciating every breath of fresh air
  5. be completely honest in every exchange with another human
  6. not fold a single piece of clothing.  I really hate laundry.  but if I must... I'll do it with a smile today. 
  7. make a delicious meal for my family to enjoy together
  8. play with my dogs and give them mouth watering table scraps
  9. dance until it feels like my heart will burst and dance everywhere... car, home, store... if you see me today, and music is playing... I'll be dancing. 
  10. pray.  really pray.  I prayed so hard one time many years ago I felt God or an angel or something touch my arms that I had outstretched.  I want that feeling again today. 
  11. read a story to my children and have us say the 'Angel of God' together, letting each one say as many 'special intentions' as they can possibly think of, no time limit.  Then, tuck each one in individually, spending a few moments just talking with them in turn about whatever they have on their mind. 
  12. use a new razor blade and fancy lotions that I 'save for a special time' in prep for #13
  13. - 19 are all various forms of activities with my husband that I will leave out for good taste. 
and 20.  let my husband, understandably worn out at this point, pass out as I watch Bridget Jones' Diary again.  what.  that is a freaking fantastic movie.  here's the fight scene... to 'its raining men' oh my awesomeness.

So as it turns out, I'm finding out on the last day of the world that I'm nowhere near as 'deep,'  or ambitious really as I thought I'd be.  

It turns out, I don't need to make a huge difference in the world... I just want to be happy, make happy and be thankful. 

What are you going to do today?  just in case?

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's your view?